Are you preparing to hire a contractor to help with roofing Auckland? If it is time for your roof to be replaced, then there are a few things that you need to do to prepare for the installation day. Take a proactive approach to support the installation team, helping to improve the quality of your home or office. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the upcoming work:
- Clear the Work Area: Cars, outdoor furniture, sports equipment, and other items need to be moved away from the work area. Not only do the contractors need access to your roof, but they also need working room on the ground level around the house. Move the cars out of the way to make the driveway available for the crew. Also, clear away any objects in the yard that might be hit by falling debris.
- Move Indoor Décor: Heavy machinery and hammers on the roof can cause vibrations that move through the house. Remove décor from the walls that could fall and break, such as pictures, mirrors, lamps, and other delicate items.
- Care for Pets and Kids: It can be stressful for pets to hear the loud noises that happen when the contractors are on the roof. Find a friend or neighbour who can watch your animals until the job is done. Never let the dogs or kids run around in the backyard while the installation team is working.
- Provide Working Power Outlets: Your contractor will need access to electricity to run the power tools. Show the team where usable power outlets are located so that they can tap into the energy that is needed to do the work. Sometimes contractors bring battery-charged tools or a generator, but it is often easier to use a power source on-site.
- Trim the Trees: Are there trees that hang over the roof, making it hard to access certain areas? It can be helpful to hire a tree trimming company before the roofing project starts. Cut away branches that hang low over the roof. Also, don’t forget to mow the lawn and remove any landscaping overgrowth that might hinder access.
Your roofing contractor will handle the major work that needs to be addressed on the installation day. These tips can be used by homeowners in West Auckland to ensure that the property is ready for the contractors.
If you are ready for roof replacement or you need assistance with installation on a new building, our team is here to help. Contact Archer Roofing to learn more about the services that we provide for residential and commercial buildings.